International Game Technology (IGT) is among the best software providers in the world recognized by the Industry Community Awards (ICA) 2020. IGT bagged the “Sustainable Business Award” this year for its successful contribution to the industry amid the global pandemic.
The newly-established annual event was introduced by Clever Duck Media, the same award-giving bodies responsible for the annual International Gaming Awards and the Women in Gaming Diversity Awards.
ICA aims to honor the outstanding work gaming companies have done in helping others within the industry and beyond a wider community. One recognizable action cited by the organizer is each nominated companies’ way of supporting colleagues, key workers, and local health workers in fighting the global pandemic that has devastated many communities, businesses, and livelihoods.
The judges recognized IGT and its efforts in applying sustainable business practices anchored by its four key pillars and handed them the “Sustainable Business Award” of 2020. IGT’s four pillars are Valuing People, Advancing Responsibility, Supporting Communities, and Fostering Sustainable Operations.
“IGT’s commitment to sustainable business practices guides our every action and continues to create value for our employees, customers, and stakeholders. IGT winning the ‘Sustainable Business Award’ in the 2020 Industry Community Awards is a reflection of our company-wide dedication to supporting our people and the communities where we do business, and a byproduct of the hard work and focus of our global workforce,” said Wendy Montgomery, IGT SVP Global Brand, Marketing and Communications, upon receiving the award.
IGT defeated other global gaming suppliers such as BBIN, Betsson, Pilot Games, PlayOjO, The Star Entertainment Group, and UltraPlay in the category. Joining IGT in the list of ICA 2020 overall winners are the following:
- Betsson (Best Employees Support Award Operator)
- Microgaming (Best Employees Support Award Supplier)
- LeoVegas (Business Continuity Award Operator)
- Pilot Games (Business Continuity Award; Technology Creator)
- Galaxy Entertainment (Business Hero Award)
- Melco Resorts & Entertainment (Community Award – Asia)
- Casinos of Monaco, Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer (Community Award – Europe)
- Casumo (Community Award – Online Operator)
- Flowplay (Community Award – Supplier)
- William Hill (Corporate Wellbeing & Health Award – Operator)
- Microgaming (Corporate Wellbeing & Health Award – Supplier)
- Playtech (Innovation Award)
- The Star Entertainment Group (Sustainable Business Award – Operator)
- Lawrence Ho – Melco Resorts & Entertainment (Outstanding Individual Award Award)